Journey of Faith begins with Sense

When I started writing this story, I have messed up many thoughts in my mind which doesn't come in an organized way. Though I thought that it is too early to start writing about a new change in my son's life but I am overwhelmed and couldn't stop to speak up my mind when I could see a ray of hope in his life now.

Yes, By now he just completed his first week in Sense Kaleidoscope and I feel, this is the place where he is content with his little happiness.  I came across the name of the school Sense Kaleidoscope (SK) when I was actively searching for a special school for my son Vismay who is 7 years old now. He was going to a normal school from the age of 4 but couldn't progress academically when I understood that he needs individual care and attention. I gone through the website and articles of SK, was widely impressed with the kind of approach here. It's not ABA (Applied Behavior analysis), not an alternative school or a special school but I found it very different from all kind of special schools and therapy centers based on my little knowledge and research. I found SK's approach as a complete acceptance of the child. 

I still remember the first meeting with Akshayee, the founder and director of SK, after his admission when she told that we can definitely see change in him within few months but being a Mother, I am delighted with even little changes which I see in my child within a week. It might not appear like huge change in the child's behaviour but I find even little things as great when I see he wanted to get back to school on the very second day of joining SK. My child is not much verbal and hardly responds to any questions but if he could remember little happenings in the school and try to recall them, I believe the environment is sensational for him.

 I dont want to put any pressure on him for his academic part at this stage, it is fine if he is happy to engage himself in something productive. I know that he goes through lots of disturbances within himself which are the reasons behind his sudden meltdowns and frequent obsessions. So now I'm looking for only the path which makes him Happy and calm. I need him to develop courage in finding solace within himself and explore his inner strengths.

It may be my Myth or reality but I don't think Autism is a disability but it is a very different ability to do things differently, for them to be accepted in the way they are, they need our support and acceptance unconditionally. I believe Sense Kaleidoscope can be a stronger support and pillar for the child to mould themselves to be a strong and independent Individual. As my son is just a week old in SK, I could only give few mild experiences but the kind of trust which developed in me can be a foundation for his progress. 
        
                                                   to be continued...

One step is better than no steps.

SreeDurga TV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Moment a child is born a Mother is born also so take care of both equally

Happiness in your Hands